NJCC Virtual Annual Meeting Sunday, January 24, 2021 - Zoom recording below.
Members discussed their concerns and shared ideas for keeping singers and listeners engaged during these challenging times. We also showed how to use our Chorus Connection membership portal, where you can post your chorus concerts and other events, and get the most of out your membership. Questions? Comments? Email us.
Still Singing: NJ’s Choral Community During COVID
This free online forum discussed how choruses have met the challenges of making music during these past many months. It was held Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. via Zoom. The recording is above, and can also be viewed on YouTube. See a list of COVID resources on our home page.
- Innovative rehearsal formats
- new ways of singing
- organizational issues
- concert planning
We are delighted to have assembled an exemplary panel of New Jersey music directors and choral administrators:
- Patti D’Andrea (President, Monmouth Civic Chorus, and Organist/Music Dir., Redeemer Lutheran Church, Neptune, NJ)
- Dr. Elayne R. Grossman (Conductor and Music Director, Sharim v’Sharot Foundation)
- Dr. Anne Matlack (Artistic Director, Harmonium Choral Society and President, NJ ACDA)
- Heather Mitchell (Artistic Director, Hopewell Valley Chorus)
- John J. Palatucci (Music Director, The Orpheus Club Men’s Chorus, and former board member and VP, NJCC)
The session was moderated by Marina Alexander (Vice President, NJ Choral Consortium, and Musical & Artistic Director, The Arcadian Chorale).